Visit the Navy Pride Store by clicking this picture...

Click Here To Visit the Navy Pride Store

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

USS Ronald Reagan & Stike Group Leaves for 6 Month Deployment

More than 7,000 sailors, 5,000 of them aboard the Reagan, are serving on the ships. Navy officials have not announced where the Reagan Strike Group is heading, but the deployment is scheduled to last six months.

The carrier strike group includes the guided-missile cruiser USS Chancellorsville; guided-missile destroyers USS Decatur, USS Gridley and USS Howard; guided missile frigate USS Thach and fast combat support ship USNS Rainier.

Excerpt from NBCSandiego.com


~Sorry I've been MIA (but I'm sure those of you who have done this), you can understand that we were spending our last moments together before my Husband left on his WestPac. This is our 4th Pac together, one as a Newly Wed, one Pregnant with twins, one with 2 toddlers & a baby and finally this one, with 3 toddlers. Our 4th Pac in 7 years together, it feels like we just got back from our last deployment last year with the USS John C. Stennis.

While this one was the hardest yet to say goodbye, I am optimistic that this deployment will be the easiest. I am back down in San Diego by a really great friend and my Brother. I have a sitter (my brother's girl friend), and I DON'T live out in the middle of nowhere. Another bonus positive is that the twins are old enough to be in activities (ballet & piano).

Usually WestPacs find stir crazy women leaving for road trips and vacations to see family across the country, but I really love being here in San Diego. At this moment I can think of another place I'd rather be. I am a woman and have the prerogative to change my mind if I like so I may make a trip or two to AZ and if I REALLY feel like being adventurous I could take the kids to CO or TX, to see family and friends.

I channeled my energy yesterday with designing a few new items for the Navy Pride Store. A shirt that instead of saying Navy Brat (I've always disliked that term), I designed one that says Navy Princess. I also designed license plate frames for the USS Ronald Reagan.

Thanks for stopping by :)



NavyPrideStore

0 Comments: